Slider

Featured Fashionista: Abbie Almasco!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I am personally all about being eccentric. 
That's why whenever I browse fashion blogs and sites and see someone who fearlessly dresses, I can't help but admire the person. I feel that there's much more to her than the layers of clothes: A fearless personality that matches her style. Such is the case of Abbie Almasco of 8090 Love Child, The Fashionista Commuter's first Featured Fashionista! I love this quote I got from her blog, "Because fashion is an artform. Songwriters have their hits, Painters their masterpieces, and I - have my wardrobe." Here's how our online interview went:


What made you decide to put up a blog?
I started blogging in 2003, my friends George and Lance introduced me to it. I started writing in journals when I was 8, so its always been an outlet for me to write about life and whatnot. I ended up oversharing a lot of things before (a booboo which I still make up to this day) because I tend to forget that just cos you don't see who views your blog doesn't mean nobody reads them. 


What is your blog all about? (fashion? food? lifestyle? travel? :))
All of the above! Haha! I don't like to focus on one thing because that's not me. There are so many interesting things in this world to blog about :)

Describe your personal style. Any style influences or icons?
I'm not sure if any of my inspirations are obvious with the way I dress, mostly they inspire me with their sense of self-expression when it comes to dressing up. I love Olivia Lopez, Agyness Deyn, Vanessa Hudgens, Olivia Palermo and of course - Kate Moss.



What are the perks of being a blogger/writer?
Currently, since I'm out of the country, I don't really get to blog about the things I want because most of them are back home. I don't get all these privileges that other bloggers get like freebies and more exposure, but I feel very blessed because my online peers don't see the distance negatively and still feature me even if (I feel like) my posts on fashion are quite limited. But one of the perks is that I get to show WHO I AM to the world, whether or not they like who I am and how I present myself. It does feel good knowing that there are people supporting my blog and of course, me. And this isn't just fashion-wise. Its an outlet as well, you'll never know who stumbles upon your blog and say "Hey, I feel that way too. I'm not alone!"



What advice would you give to younger people who wants to start blogging? :)?
 "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Haha! Blogging is awesome and quite addictive. Especially if you do it for yourself, and not to please anyone. You have this sense of freedom to say what you want to say, but always remember that you have to do it responsibly. Also, that people can use the things you post online against you. Yes, we can exercise our freedom of speech, but even that has limits. As much as possible, try your best not to hurt anyone. 

 
I had been an Abbie Almasco fan since her modelling days for Seventeen and Candy, but reading her answers in our interview for my little blog multiplied my adoration for this girl. She ends with saying "OH WOW THERE'S A FEATURE!!! I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! (lol nag-burst out into song! hahaha)". From the girl who had been featured countless times in more mainstream media and blogs...and now saying she's excited to be featured in my humble little online space... What can I say? I was totally blown away. tfc


7 comments

  1. OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH ANA! I'm so sorry it took me eons! Tapos fail pa 'yung sa pics! Thank you for being so patient, heehee! GRABE I'M YOUR FIRST FEATURED FASHIONISTA! SUCH AN HONOR! I want to cry!!! :') I'm actually very sad because of the Zac-Vanessa split but now I'm so happy! I'M SO HAPPY! Haha! Thanks Ana, I miss you! I can't wait to hang out with you again :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Abbie! :) You really are a style icon in the fashion blogging world..I think I first saw beanie on you and MK Olsen that's why I love using mine na hehehe! ;) Yes hope to see you soon too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ishna: Isnt she a darling! :) I love Abbie too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lab yew, abbie!! red mango. the 3 of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AVA TE, YOURE NEXT! ;D HAHAHA! :) See you on Friday, let's have food triiiiip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i mean thursday! :D tomorrow! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn! Always excited to read your comments! :)